Make Twitter Work For Your Blog #blogathon2
This is a mini challenge for the Biannual Blogathon Bash, a twice yearly blogging marathon but anyone is welcome to read and use the information. However if you are signed up for the blogathon or you sign up and participate before the end of the blogathon, completing this mini challenge improves your chances of winning a prize.
The blogathon is June 22-25. If you are participating in the blogathon, please do not complete this challenge until the blogathon has started. Don’t forget to follow along on Twitter: #blogathon2.
The Biannual Blogathon Bash (#blogathon2) Mini Challenge:
Make Twitter Work For Your Blog
Social media in itself can be a bit of a minefield – and then when you start throwing all the other stuff into the mix, like apps and tools, it gets a bit crazy. But here are a couple of tools you can use to help get the most out of Twitter when promoting your blog.
- Tweriod – This is a great tool to help you figure out the best time to be tweeting to your Tweeps. You can sign up via Twitter and have a report generated with the optimal times for you to be using Twitter. Benefit: send that tweet out when it’s more likely to be seen.
- Buffer – Want to promote regularly but not be glued to your computer? Buffer can be used to ‘dripfeed’ tweets into your stream at regular intervals. Even better, you can see analytics on how many people have shared or clicked. Benefit: send updates out regularly without being tied to your PC.
- Twylah – A relatively new tool and still in beta, this gives you the chance to see your tweets as a magazine style page. You can also tweet using Twylah’s power tweet function to create a specific page for the tweet where related tweets and responses will show up. You can also integrate this within your blog to display your own tweets. Benefit: great way to showcase your tweets within your blog – or your blog within your tweets
So, my mini-challenge is this:
Find one Twitter tool that will help you get more out of your blog related tweets and implement it for the Biannual Blogathon Bash. Either get your Tweriod report so you know your best tweeting time, apply for a Twylah page so you can join this great program or use Buffer (the basic version is free) to send some tweets. And if you can use any combination of the three, so much the better!
Did you know: you can run a Tweriod report and then use Buffer to dripfeed your ‘power tweets’ from Twylah? Now that’s the ultimate combo surely?
Why not leave a comment and let me know how you got on? Or share another tool you found to help Twitter work for your blog! And why not join our Twitter? Leave the link to your Twitter profile so we can follow each other’s tweets and see the challenge in action!
Thanks for taking part!
Feel free to leave your Blogathon post link with your comments
Latest posts by Donna Brown (see all)
- 15 Brilliant iPad Games: Part Two (6-10) - May 22, 2016
- 15 Brilliant iPad Games: Part One (1-5) - May 14, 2016
- Six Cats and a Black Dog: Banana Keyboards and Other Unsettling Thoughts/Dreams - May 7, 2016